Hello friends, this is a rare entry of an insight to the going-ons of my personal life. Or not really, since it’s still about languages. Heh.
On Christmas day, something came over me so I decided to start learning Korean on my own with resources available online, on apps, and the library. Basically, I want to learn something new with zero cost because I am a little broke AF at the moment.
Also, there are a lot of sayings that you can learn Korean in 90 days, and that the Hangul is the easiest alphabet to learn. So here I am. Also, I’m partially inspired by Ollie (of Jolly and Korean Englishman YouTube fame) to get my learning on.
It’s now boxing day, I have had probably a combined total of 2 to 3 hours of learning. This is my progress:
- Writing down all 19 consonants
- Remembering how to read all 19 consonants
- Writing down 80% of the 21 vowels
- Remember how to read 50% of the 21 vowels
- Drops (random vocab to make the process less of a straightline)
And we’ll see how it goes at my next check-in. Ciao.